Friday, June 1, 2012

T - 87 - Red Robinnnnnn. DUMMMM!

Well that didn't take long.  Only a few hours ago I had made this great little plan on how I'm going to stay on track with the diet this weekend, even though its my wife's birthday.  Oh if only we could all roll back time or be able to see the future.  I can only wish.

Obviously things didn't go as planned tonight.  Neither did I workout nor did I have a protein shake.  Instead, my wife and I went to Red Robin.  Yes, Red Robin.  The land of beefy juicy burgers, layerd with cheese and bacon, yummy steak fries, and oh so thick milk shakes.  Even while on the way there, I was dreaming of biting into the Bleu Ribbon Burger, my favorite.


Once again I had to go through the ritual of telling myself that its ok to have the burger and then trying to talk myself out of ruining the diet.  Its a good thing the restaurant was at the mall.  While we were waiting for our table to be ready, I took a stroll and was quickly reminded of one of the reasons why I started this diet to begin with.  It was to be finally be able to go a clothing store try on whatever I like and have it fit like a glove.  Once I was reminded of this, any thought of eating a fatty burger was no longer on my mind.  I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich, in a lettuce wrap instead of the bun.  It was probably the healthiest meal I've eaten at a restaurant, since I started this diet.  I also munched on some fries, I couldn't resist, but it was no more than a few.  All together about 475 calories.  Not too bad, I think.

Here is tonight's update:

1. Spend 1 hour everyday being active -  Failed, again.
2. Spend less time watching TV - I really shouldn't include this in my list on a weekend.  Not happening.
3. Go to sleep and wake up early - Same as above.
4. Eat breakfast - Egg white sandwich on wheat with cheese.
5. Eat healthy snacks during the day - Almonds, Walnuts and Raisins.  Pretty good.
6. Eat a healthy dinner - You heard my sob story about this already.
7. Drink more water - Done.
8. Plan my day/week - In progress.
9. Blog everyday - Done with 15 minutes to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment