Friday, June 1, 2012

Birthday Weekend

I'm in the second weekend of my diet, and am looking at the yet another challenge.  Last weekend, was the long weekend, and I had an elaborate plan on how to get through it.  This weekend, its my wife's birthday.  Needless to say, we will be out celebrating.

In the past, we would celebrate each others birthday for a whole week.  It could  be something as elaborate as going on a vacation or cruise, or just going out and doing something special everyday.  Either way, food was major part of it.  One year, I took her to all her favorite restaurant in one weekend.  This year however, because of the diet, we've decided to keep things rather low key.  A small gathering with friends, another with family and then something romantic with just the two of us. 

Aside from this, I also have a lot of house chores to do this weekend.  Cleaning, mowing, and blah blah blah.  The fun stuff.  So the challenge here is, how do I get this all done?  Celebrate her birthday, get my work done, find the time to workout, eat right and do all of it while showing my wife that she is most amazing girl in the world.  No small task, I know.

Planning out everyday last long weekend, worked pretty well for me.  Not only did I know what I needed to be doing every day, I knew what I needed to do every meal and every workout.  So I'm going to repeat that this weekend, and hope to do even better this time around.  Here is the plan.

Friday:
Workout - I plan workout when I get home, for an hour.  Only cardio, no weights.
Dinner - Either a protein shake or juice.
Blog - Its going to be pretty late by the time I'm done.  So I might not be able to make it.  We'll see.

Saturday:Workout - I want to workout first thing in the morning.
Breakfast - Cardboard cereal (aka Fiber Now) and a cup of coffee.
Lunch - Birthday part with friends.  I'm not sure what the menu is going to be.  I'll just have to make sure I count each bite and keep track of everything I eat.
Dinner - Same as above.
Blog - It'll be another long day.  I don't even know if we'll be home before midnight.  No guarantees.

Sunday:
Workout - I'm going to skip the workout.  I've got house work to do, so that will have to take its place.
Breakfast - Maybe Eggs, or cereal again plus coffee.
Lunch - Something special.  Something the wife wants to do.  Just the two of us.
Dinner - Salad or Juice.
Blog - I'll  be sure to make this happen. Especially if I didn't do it the night before.

Just like I did after the long weekend, I'll post a recap of how I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment