Monday, June 4, 2012

One is a lonely number

I decided to weigh myself early last week, since I knew I'll be cheating heavly on the weekend.  So I weighed myself on Saturday morning and found that I only lost 1lb last week.  I can't say that I'm surprised by it, though I was hoping for a little bit more.  One is just such a lonely depressing number.  Although, I guess it better than zero.  Considering how much I ate over the week, and the amount of exercise I put it, 1lb sounds about right.

So I'm two weeks into the diet, and I've lost a total of 5lbs so far.  I'm still on track with my goal of losing 2.5lbs a week, but I need to kick things up a notch this week to make sure I don't fall behind.  I had signed up for My Fitness Pal a week ago, and have been keeping track of what I'm eating through their iPhone app.  Until now, I've been doing it to just be aware of the calorie breakdown of my diet.  Going forward, I have to actively manage it.


My first plan is to cut down on the amount of carbs I eat.  Currently carbs account for about 40% of the calories I eat.  I want to bring that down to about 25%.  Furthermore, I want to make sure even that 25% comes from complex carbs.  My assumption is that once I cut down on the carbs that the fat content would go down as well.  I'll reevaluate this strategy after my next weigh in.

Another change I want to make to my diet, is the number of meals I eat per day.  Currently, I eat 3 meals a day, plus snacks.  I want to change that to 5 maybe 6 meals a day.  I've tried doing this once in the past, and wasn't very successfull.  I'm hoping I fare better, this time around, with the help of better planning.  If you have any good resources for meal planning, let me know.  I need a template to follow.  I suck at coming up with meal ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment