Monday, May 21, 2012

Night 1 - Part 2

I was supposed to post this last night, but I was too busy writing my first welcome post, so this didn't get done.  So here it is now. 

Yesterday was night 1 of 99.  I spent the morning thinking about what my first goal should be.  I wanted the goal to be one that would energize and excite me.  A goal that would make me feel good about myself.  Soon it became obvious that first and most important thing I wanted to do, was be more active and lose weight.

Time to be more specific.  I weigh 202lbs, and I know the ideal weight for my body is 168lbs.  The deadline for me to reach my goal weight is Aug 27th.  That means in 14 weeks I have to lose 34lbs, which translates to about 2.5lbs a week.  Sounds do able.  Now, I know that the weighing scale alone is not going to a good judge of my progress.  So periodically, I'll be using other methods (such as checking my BMI at the gym etc.) to accurately chart my progress.

Going with the theme of nines, I made a list of 9 activities I could do daily, that would help me achieve this goal.  Below is what I came up with, in no particular order:
1. Spend 1 hour everyday being active - It could be going to the gym, biking, or doing chores that require physical exertion. 1 hour is the minimum, not the maximum time.
2. Spend less time watching TV - I spend at least 4 hours a day watching TV now.  I want to cut that down to 1 or maybe 2 hours max.
3. Go to sleep and wake up early - This is the biggest obstacle I have.  I'm usually like staying up until midnight, and I hate waking up early.  I need to change that so I can start my day off right.
4. Eat breakfast - My breakfast usually consists of 1 cup of coffee (yum Starbucks) and.... that's it.  I've always heard how its the most important meal of the day, especially if you are trying to loose weight. So it made the list.

5. Eat healthy snacks during the day - I need to do this, so I don't feel ravenous by the end of the day.  That is probably one of the biggest reasons why I eat out so much during dinner time.
6. Eat a healthy dinner - Easier said than done.  This will probably be the second biggest obstacle in the challenge.
7. Drink more water - I wanted to throw in an easy task in here, so I can at least have one things I can accomplish easily.  The plan is to drink 100 ounces a day.
8. Plan my day/week - Another biggie.  None of the items on this list will get done, if I don't do this step.
9. Blog everyday - I must blog everyday and report on how I did with the list above, to hold myself accountable.  I'm afraid that I will give up and go back to my old ways if I don't.


So how did I do yesterday?  Let see ...
1. Spend 1 hour everyday being active - I spent the afternoon, completing the tasks on my hate list - mowing the lawn, trimming the tree, pulling out the weeds etc.  It was more than an hour of hard work in the grueling FL sun.  It wasn't fun but its done.
2. Spend less time watching TV - Didn't watch TV at all last night, because I was busy setting up the blog and writing my first post.  No time for TV.
3. Go to sleep and wake up early - Didn't get to sleep early, since I was working on the blog, but I did manage to get up early though.
4. Eat breakfast - I came up with this list late last night, so obviously this wasn't done.
5. Eat healthy snacks during the day - Same as above.

6. Eat a healthy dinner - I had a late lunch yesterday, due to all the yard work, so I didn't really eat dinner.  Drank a glass of milk and that was it.  Not sure if that's good or not, but hey, at least I didn't end up eating a double cheese burger.
7. Drink more water - Same result as item # 4.
8. Plan my day/week - Did not do this yesterday, but started on it today.
9. Blog everyday - You know I did this one.  Check out my previous post.


Night 1 is done, feeling satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment