Wednesday, May 23, 2012

T - 96 - Better and Worse

I'm exhausted tonight, more so than the previous nights.  Not sure why.  I was off to a good start.  Had a decent breakfast, split up my lunch into smaller portion, just like yesterday and ate throughout the day.  Even went to the gym in the evening.  So the day was going pretty well, until I got home.

    I did better at the gym today than prior days.  I was able to do cardio for more than 40 minutes today, but still didn't make it to a full hour.  Though, this time it wasn't due to lack of energy.  I easily completed the first 45 minutes, but I simply was too hungry to continue.  It was obvious even on the way home, that I wasn't in the mood to eat home food.  By the time I was done working out and taking a shower, I was ready to eat a horse.  However, I didn't want to ruin all the effort I put in during the day to stay on track.

Once again, we ended up going out to dinner, only this time it was to Cody's Roadhouse.  My guilty conscience was on red alert.  By some miracle I retained some self control, even as I looked through all the scrumptious appetizers, entrees and desserts on the menu.  As you can see from the picture, I ended up ordering the grilled chicken fajitas, and even took it easy on the sour cream and cheese.  The bread basket and the cinnamon butter however, were too much to resist.  I grabbed one bun, lathered it with butter and gulped it down very quick, hoping my conscience hadn't noticed it.... but it was too late.  Sigh!

In any case, here is the update for tonight:

1. Spend 1 hour everyday being active - Getting better at cardio.  A few more day and I should be able to make it the whole hour.
2. Spend less time watching TV - Didn't watch it as much as yesterday, but still have room for improvement.
3. Go to sleep and wake up early - Well, its 11:50PM EST now, so needless to say I failed on this one.
4. Eat breakfast - Had a decent egg and cheese sandwich.
5. Eat healthy snacks during the day - Failed.  I was so full from breakfast and lunch that I forgot to snack.
6. Eat a healthy dinner - I'm mixed on this one.  Overall, not a bad dinner, I think.
7. Drink more water - Getting close to 100oz. almost there.
8. Plan my day/week - In progress.
9. Blog everyday - Cutting it close once again, but it's done.

All in all, I did better on some tasks, but worse on others.  Can't believe its only night 4.  This is going to be the longest 99 nights of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Is the isue with "home food" that you a) cannot cook or b) it is not as palatable to look at/eat as restaurant food or c) you are too hungry to cook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A, B and C. I cannot cook, but my wife does. I'm a carnivore, she is a vegetarian. When I'm ravenous, vegetables just don't cut it.

      Delete