Friday, May 25, 2012

T - 95 - An Epic Battle!

Yet another night and yet another battle. I named the blog Next 99 Nights, because I knew the nights would be the toughest in this journey.  However, even I didn't anticipate how tough they were actually going to be.  Looking at the picture, I'm sure you can guess the wife and I went out for dinner ... again.  Its the same old story, that even I'm tried of repeating, so I'm sure you tried of it too.  I was doing good throughout the day, worked out, came home and everything fell apart.  Sure, I've got my excuses, but that's all they are really, excuses!

That one night of working late has lead to a string of bad choices.  It started with a salad, yesterday was a steakhouse, and tonight it was Italian.  Carrabba's Italian Grill to be precise.  I almost ordered the Chicken Alfredo.  Took a deep breath, drank a whole glass of water, regained some sanity and made the decision to go with Grilled chicken instead.  I even asked them to substitute the mashed potatoes with asparagus.

Too bad they decided to dump cheese on the asparagus though.  I had to leave most of it.  Still, I'm not too happy about it.  I'm more upset than disappointed actually.  I really need to figure out a better way to handle dinner time.  I must figure it out, I will figure it out.  I'm going to use the frustration and channel it to come up with a better plan.  I'll let you know what I come up with.  Until then ....

Here is the update for tonight:

1. Spend 1 hour everyday being active - I skipped on lifting weights the last two workout due to lack of time.  So I devoted more time to it today.  30 mins of weights and 30 mins of cardio.
2. Spend less time watching TV - Spent a little more than an hour watching TV.  Not bad.
3. Go to sleep and wake up early - As I said, nights are the toughest.  Failed this, yet again.
4. Eat breakfast - Done.
5. Eat healthy snacks during the day - Did good with this today.
6. Eat a healthy dinner - You know the story about this already.
7. Drink more water - Finally got over the 100oz barrier.
8. Plan my day/week - Need to include planning dinner time and sticking to it.
9. Blog everyday - Did I make it before midnight?  I don't think so, but I was close.

No comments:

Post a Comment