Saturday, May 26, 2012

T - 93 - An Apple a Day

I've got James Brown's 'I Feel Good' playing in my head tonight.  I do feel good. No it's not because today was my cheat day and I had 10 super hot spicy wings and French fries, and nor is it because I've been sitting on my butt playing video games all day.  It's because I actually worked out today.  I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is to me.  You see I almost didn't make it.

I started playing game this afternoon and all of a sudden, I had no will get up and workout. I just wanted to sit there and keep playing. It seems my plan of playing games to keep me distracted from eating, works, though a little too well. I played straight through lunch time and when I realized it, I was too hungry to workout.  So I grabbed an apple and started munching on it while I was coming up with creative excuses on why I shouldn't work out today.


By the time I was done eating the apple though, the excuses had disappeared and I was ready to workout.  It was the result I was hoping for. I knew the apple might do the trick, because that's exactly what happened yesterday.  One minute I was on the fence, and the next minute I'm ready to go.  It's amazing the smart decisions you can make when you are not hungry and craving for fatty food.

Here is today's update:

1. Spend 1 hour everyday being active - Like I said above.  I didn't think I would, but I did.  No weights though.  Only a so-so cardio, but it was a workout nonetheless.
2. Spend less time watching TV - Not happening this long weekend.
3. Go to sleep and wake up early - Same as above.
4. Eat breakfast - Made myself a veggie egg white omelet.
5. Eat healthy snacks during the day - No snacking, which was an expected side effect of the gaming.
6. Eat a healthy dinner - It was my cheat day, and since I forgot about lunch time while playing video games, I decided to cheat at dinner time instead.
7. Drink more water - I'm not doing as good as before, I will do better tomorrow.
8. Plan my day/week - I got this covered.
9. Blog everyday - Done, though not as early as I wanted it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment