Tuesday, May 22, 2012

T - 97 nights - Disappointed

Hats off to all you early birds out there, especially those who workout in the morning.  Not only did I not wake up on time, but my legs refused to obey my commands once I woke up. The first 5 minutes of this morning's workout was probably the hardest I've been through in a long time.  I spent just as much time on the elliptical today as yesterday, but only burned half the amount of calories.  I'm not sure if I can keep up with the morning workout routine, but I'm going to try and make it a habit... though not tomorrow.

      I've got some good news and bad news. The bad news is that I ended up having to work late tonight, which means the wife and I went out for dinner.  We just got back and I'm still full, so I won't be sleeping early tonight nor waking up early tomorrow. I'll have to workout in the evening tomorrow. The good news, all I had for dinner was some salad and clear broth chicken soup. Working out in the morning, eating smaller meals and snacking through the day certainly helped me stay on track with the diet.

Here is the update for tonight:

1. Spend 1 hour everyday being active - Once again I could only muster 40 minutes of cardio.  No time to weight train since I woke up late. Goal not met.
2. Spend less time watching TV - Watched a little more TV than yesterday. Not to thrilled about that.
3. Go to sleep and wake up early - As I mentioned above, this won't be happening tonight. Goal not met, again.
4. Eat breakfast - Had a great egg white veggie omelet. Check it out.
5. Eat healthy snacks during the day - Ate some nuts and raisins.  Also split up my lunch into smaller portions ate it throughout the day.
6. Eat a healthy dinner - Soup and salad.
7. Drink more water - Drank more than yesterday, but not sure if it added up to a 100oz.
8. Plan my day/week - In progress.
9. Blog everyday - Barely made it, but it's done.

I was hoping to do better than I did yesterday, but couldn't pull it off.  Can't let it get me down though.  Must keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment